Monday, February 12, 2018

Feb. 5-11: The first 5/7 of the week went pretty well

At least I had a nice variety of workouts.
Well, the week started off great. I was doing my physical therapy homework every day, got on the bike, and even made it to the pool. I was pretty much snowed in on Friday and tried to make the best of it with a new-to-me workout AND weights AND my PT homework.

And then I totally fell off the wagon over the weekend. Instead of doing any training, I farted around, took a nap, went out with friends, ran errands, and food prepped. So it wasn’t a total waste, but I’m beating myself up for not doing at least the bare minimum of my PT homework. Ugh.

One fun thing I did Friday, being snowed in, was find a couple of the Royal Ballet Company’s online classes (here and here) and followed along (well, tried to) with the barre parts at home. I danced ballet for a decade and was even in pointe shoes for a couple of years, but let me assure you that it is NOT like riding a bike. I would love to take it up again but I really have neither the time nor the cartilage in my knee – it was a little sore afterward. Oh well. I have to live my ballet dreams vicariously through the occasional barre class.

Anyway, actual training for last week was:

PT and rehab: 5 times, 1 PT session and 4 homework sessions, for about 3 hours.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for about 1.5 hours and 13 fake trainer miles.

Swim: Once in the pool for 2000 pool buoy-only meters in a bit less than an hour.

Other: Online ballet “class” for about 50 minutes.

Weights: One session of heavy/body weights for upper body and abs for about 30 minutes.

Total: 10 sessions in almost 7 hours. That’s almost an hour more than last week, so, yay?

Overall, not a bad variety, lots of pre-hab, and almost an hour a day on average, so I can't be too mad. We'll just count the weekend as rest days and move on.



2 comments:

  1. You've been pretty dedicated to your PT exercises, so no need to beat yourself up! It's nice (and smart) to get some rest and downtime in now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logically, I know this but I'm impatient and want to get back to running NNNNOOOOWWWWWW!!!!! =)

      Delete