Tuesday, February 6, 2018

A quick, belated week in review for Jan. 29-Feb. 4

Lots of PT and rehab.
Ugh! It’s been a busy couple of weeks. I’ve had a bunch of family and friend activities on the weekends, weekday evenings filled with physical therapy and PT homework, and general assorted other life drama. I even took a day off last week and I am still feeling time crunched. Again: Ugh!

Last week was another physical therapy- and PT homework-heavy week with two in-person sessions and three at-home sessions. Starting this week, I am doing more homework and only going in to see the therapist once per week. I still have a lot of work to do, but my copays are ridiculously high, and I feel like I have enough of a base built that I can continue to improve at home. Plus, since I really want to get back to running eventually, I have the motivation to continue to do it.

Last week’s training worked out to be:

PT/rehab: 5 sessions, two with the therapist and 3 at home, for just longer than 3 hours total.

Bike: 2 times on the trainer, both very easy for 11 trainer miles total in about 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Swim: I made it to the pool! I went late morning on the day I took off and had the pool mostly to myself and it was AMAZING. 2000 pull buoy meters in a bit less than an hour, a combination of the pull buoy making me slower and my lack of swim fitness making me slower, haha.

Weights: 1 session of heavy/body weight exercises for upper body and abs in about a half hour.

Total: 9 sessions in just less than 6 hours. Not that terrible, I guess? At least, considering fully half my time was spent rehabbing. Sure, I'd like for that to be all heavy-duty training, but at least I am logging the hours.

I am hoping that the once-a-week PT gives me a little more leeway to a bit more bike trainer riding and/or one more swim. Managing all my PT homework will definitely be tricky but I know I can do it. I HAVE to do it if I want to get back to running.

Hopefully your week is already off to a great start.




No comments:

Post a Comment