Monday, March 26, 2018

Week in review March 19-25: Equal parts knee pain, frustration, and lethargy

Rehab, bike, and more rehab.
It wasn’t a great week in any sense. Monday was a difficult day for my husband managing our side business, so we did the adult thing and went out for burgers and fries while ignoring our problems.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were actually decent days with trainer rides, PT homework, and an in-person physical therapy session. By Friday afternoon, though, my knee wasn’t happy with me. So, again, I did the adult thing by binge-watching the first half of season 1 of Flight of the Conchords, drinking wine, and eating chocolate.

I probably could have rallied Saturday for a trainer ride and/or some weights, but I took a nap and ran errands instead. It ended up being OK, because we stayed in to watch basketball and cook dinner at home Saturday, meaning that we didn’t spend any extra money or stay out late. Plus, I had time to do my PT on Sunday because of the shifting around of errands. I went back and looked, and that Sunday PT was the first time I’ve done any workout on a Sunday since the end of January (also PT). Eeeek! I just get so busy prepping for the week to come I run out of time.

Anyway, my week worked out to:

PT/rehab: Three times, one in-person PT session and two solo homework sessions, for about 3 hours.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for a 23.25 fake trainer miles (I got distracted texting my sister and did some extra, haha) in a bit longer than 2 hours.

Total: Five sessions in a bit longer than 5 hours.

This week, I have Friday off work, but I am expecting it to be a little nutty with Easter on Sunday. We have family coming over and are going out to an Easter buffet, so cleaning and entertaining will take some time out of the weekend. However, I did schedule PT for Thursday this week to try to force myself to a Monday/Wednesday/Friday trainer schedule. We’ll see if I can make it work.



No comments:

Post a Comment