Monday, March 19, 2018

Week in review March 12-18: Back at it

(Relatively) lots of biking, (relatively) lots of PT.
Well, even though I was a Gloomy Gus yesterday, frustrated with the training I couldn’t do, I actually had a decent week this past week for the first time in a while.

It’s been a few weeks since I had a solid 7+ hours of training, so it felt good to add up the numbers. Yeah, it’s nothing compared to my 70.3 training days, but at this point I’m calling an average of at least an hour per day a success. Especially since, and I was legitimately surprised when I realized this, I only worked out four days last week!

I took Monday off as an extra day to recover from travel and to shop and food prep for the week, I was just DONE with everything by Friday (and was ready to let my brain turn to mush watching college basketball), and yesterday (Sunday) I spent all day doing my errands and prepping food for this week. (It’s a never-ending process.) I was a bit bummed I didn’t have time to get outside in yesterday’s beautiful weather, but I did have the window open as I grilled chicken, washed lettuce, and roasted potatoes.

Broken down by sport, it was:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 38 fake trainer miles in about 3:40. I have been riding for an hour and then until I hit the next mile, and this Saturday I rode for an hour and a half and then until I hit the next mile. I had some twinges in my knee but keeping it at a low resistance doesn’t bother it too much.

PT/rehab: Four times, one in-person therapy session and three homework sessions, for about 3:15. I DEFINITELY felt it this week after not doing anything for almost two weeks. Everything feels tight and mildly painful, and I had some lateral movement pain at PT. I hope I didn’t lose all my core and glute strength while I was on vacation.

Weights: One session of upper body and abs for about 30 minutes. It’s been a month since I last did any lifting and I am still sore from pull-ups two days later.

Total: Eight sessions in a bit less than 7.5 hours. Not terrible, considering.

This week’s goals include three more trainer rides, five days of PT (baby steps), and weights on Saturday again. Plus, I want to do a yoga session and MAYBE make a trip to the pool. I don't know if I can average an hour a day again, but a couple solid days of training will get me on the right path.



No comments:

Post a Comment