Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Week in review July 25-31: Train hard, rest hard

Not included: Being a bum Friday and Saturday.
I'm going to make this quick because it's already past my bedtime. It's been a busy week so far -- I haven't gotten out of work on time yet, I took the time to made a nice dinner yesterday, and today I remembered at the last minute that I had to vote. I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Last week was interesting. I started the week off strong, but by Friday I was tired, and waiting for my parents to come into town I ended up falling asleep. I ended up sleeping for 10 hours that night! I didn't do much except hang out with friends on Saturday -- a good time, sure, but not conducive to training. Sunday was a combination of super muggy and raining so I decided to bail on my long run and do a trainer ride in the a/c instead. Maybe not the best choice, but I was much happier inside and at least I did something. I have to remember -- this is a hobby!

Anyway, by the numbers it was:

Swim: Once, in the pool, for 1600 meters in about 45 minutes. The water was actually too warm to push too hard or I would start to feel sick. I got in my recovery swim and got out. Blah.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for a total of 1:45. This included one 15-minute ride to warm up before a weights workout and a Sunday evening long ride because I needed to do something and didn't want to go out in the ridiculous rain and humidity.

Run: Twice, both on the road, for 11 miles in about 1:49. This included a slow hot run and a painful humid run. The humid-but-less-hot run was actually more painful for me than the hot-but-not-as-humid run. I've been drinking a LOT of Gatorade on my runs, either way.

Weights: One run through of my heavy/body routine (pushups, pull-ups, shoulder presses, lunges, etc.) in about 1:15.

Total: Six sessions (counting the bike warmup and weights as two separate sessions) in about 5 hours, 35 minutes. Not great, but enough to work up a sweat most days, so that works for me.

Not a great week, not the worst week. And hopefully this week will be a better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment