Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Mid-week check-in and pre-vacation stress


I'm on vacation next week and starting to freak out. Logically, I know stressing about vacation is dumb, not to mention privileged.

But I’m an over-planner, which makes me a worrier, and right now my main concerns are: Who is going to eat the tomatoes in our garden while we’re gone? How are we going to eat all the food in our fridge before we leave? When on earth will we have the time to clean the condo before we leave? How are we going to pack everything into carry-ons?

Of course, the easy answers are: Friends in the neighborhood will eat our tomatoes. I can bring any leftover food to my parents. As long as there’s nothing growing in the sink and the trash is taken out, it’s not the end of the world to come back to a messy home. And as far as luggage, well, there are stores and laundromats in California, I guess.

The good thing about over-planning for vacation is that I have been vigilant about keeping my every-other-day running schedule, since I don’t know how much I’ll be able to run next week. Now, I know that running every other day so far this month isn’t THAT big of a deal when it’s only the 10th, BUT, after I logged my run yesterday I realized that I was already halfway to my goal of running 70 miles for the month when it’s only the 10th! So, hooray for me on that one.

Halfway to my goals a third of the way into the month will hopefully make a great rest of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment