Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Week in review Aug. 17-23: Another solid and steady week of quarantraining

Not a bad week -- solid and steady training is about all I can hope for right now.
Hello! It was another week of lights out at 10:59, so there was no staying up late to write blog posts. I had another couple of healthy goals, too: no potato chips, fruit instead of candy for a snack, and setting a Facebook timer from the embarrassing amount of time I was spending on there to a still embarrassing but slightly less amount of time. So, I'm getting there.

Last week was pretty darn good as far as training. I did three solid bike rides, including one outside. I did three easy runs and could have gone longer, but it was pretty hot all last week and I didn't want to push it. Everything was pretty darn good; not excellent, still room for improvement, but darn good.

I'm not training for anything right now, of course, so I've been trying to focus on fun things I want to do. Like, ride my bike outside. And not push a run in 90-degree heat. And buy some new handlebar tape. And walk the dogs for a hour most mornings. And maybe dust off the old tennis racket? That one has yet to be seen.

Anyway, it was another solid and steady week of training: 

Bike: Three times, twice on the trainer for 41 fake miles and a road ride of 35 miles, for 5:13 total.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 16.5 hot miles in about 2:50. (I'm still including my quarter-mile warmups and cooldowns because they are part of the workout.)

Weights:
We had a fun homeowner issue on Saturday so I had to skip my heavy/body routine, but I did do a video earlier in the week and an online barre class Sunday for 2:05 total.

Swim: Twice in the pool for 4000 meters in about 1:50. Still doing a lot of drills and going slowly but I'm getting there.

PT: Three rounds of my homework for about 1:45 official.

Yoga: One self-guided session for 15 minutes.

Total: 14 sessions in a hair less than 14 hours. Not shabby at all.

As I said, since there aren't any races any time soon, training lately has been all about fun. I'm doing pretty well keeping in varied and staying motivated, so I'm going to ride this train as long as I can.

Hope you are all staying safe and healthy out there.




2 comments:

  1. Haha "fun homeowner issue" is code for "grey-hair inducing issue", right? At least that's how it is here. I don't facebook but I do need a time limit on the IG app. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you know it. Most of my IG feed is dogs and triathletes so I figure that is much better for my sanity than conspiracy theories. XD

      Delete