Saturday, February 16, 2019

A long, chilly run

It was a brisk day today, with a temperature in the mid-20s and windchills in the high teens. However, it is February, and we have just gone through a Polar Vortex, and it's expected to be a bit colder, snowier, and windier tomorrow. So off I went on my long run today.
Brisk but not terrible.
I did 10 running miles two weeks ago so I was hoping for 11 today. My long run pace would be in the range of 10:09-10:39-ish, but it was so chilly I found myself running a bit faster and my miles splitting at about 9:30-9:40. Oops! Other than that, my run was pretty unremarkable. My knee felt fine, my hamstring wasn't too bad, and my lungs felt great. The only drama I had was losing an earbud cover, which I found on the next lap.
Way too fast for long run pace, but at least I was warm. Ish.
This was a great run to get in the bank. I haven't signed up for a spring half marathon yet, but after today, I feel like I could do it. We'll see if the weather cooperates enough for a few more long runs outside over the next few weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment