Monday, August 3, 2020

Week in review July 27-Aug. 2: Lucky 13 hours of training

Last week was both a nice variety and nice volume.
I love it when I add up my weekly totals and I'm pleasantly surprised. I haven't had a 13+ hour week in a couple of months. It's not that I am shooting for a particular training time goal, but it's nice to see that my consistency is paying off with some decent volume.

Some of the highlights from last week were riding my bike outside and hitting the pool a couple times. I've gotten into the habit of a nice recovery swim on Mondays. Even though the bar and restaurant at our pool are closed, we bring a cooler of, uh, snacks, and my husband relaxes and reads while I swim. The last couple of weeks, we've also gone on Wednesday or Thursday after work for a swim and burgers. It's a nice little getaway and a way to enjoy summer.

My outdoor ride was also a blast. I need to start going every furlough day while I can still take advantage of them. I had a doctor's appointment about halfway between home and my favorite weekday route, so I threw everything in the car, cable locked my bike to my interior, and hoped for the best. I think the only thing I actually forgot were my vitamins, so yay me! I don't have a ton of outdoor riding options, so I'm glad I took advantage. Plus, even after a quick stop at my parents for a shower and then some errand running, I still had time for an online barre video before heading to the pool again.

Overall, it was a nice mix:

Bike: Three times, twice on the trainer and once on the road, for 40 trainer miles and 36.78 real miles in about 5:12.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 17.5 miles in a hair less than 3 hours. My left hip flexor is feeling better, and I've been concentrating on high knees and good form, so I've been doing one extra mile on Saturdays. So far, so good.

Weights: Twice, one online barre class and one of my heavy/body routines, for about 2:25. I have been following my mid-week weights workouts with some extra chinup and pushup work, for no real reason other than feeling like a badass.

Swim: Twice, both in the pool, for 3200 meters in about 1:32. I don't even care how slow this is, I'm thrilled to be there.

PT: Two homework sessions for about 1:10 total. I would like to get back to three times per week for this.

Yoga: Once for 20 minutes. I would like to add at least one more session per week here, too.

Total: 13 sessions in about 13:39. Not shabby at all!

I don't have any races coming up, but I'm still having fun and challenging myself. I don't know yet what my late summer/early fall goals are going to be, but for now I'm staying relatively fit and sane, which is about all I can hope for right now.

I hope you are all also staying fit and sane, and healthy too.



2 comments:

  1. I hadn't realized that you guys were providing your own snacks and beverages at the pool LOL

    ReplyDelete