Thursday, March 5, 2020

February in review: 5K fun, indoor tri done, and by sickness undone

February had a good variety, but not much substance. (Activities by hour.)
Oh, February. It was A Month. I started off strong-ish with a fun 5K on Super Bowl Sunday, did a good amount of swim-bike-run and an indoor tri mid-month, then came down with a bug that took me out for a week. I was able to rally slightly to end the month on an upswing, but a week off an already short month means I wasn't setting any records for February.

It was pretty unremarkable overall.  I guess for the worst month of the year, what can you expect? I didn't even really do anything "fun" beyond those two races and hanging out with family one afternoon. February was a slog, workouts were a slog, the weather was a slog, etc. I was happy to see March 1 on the calendar.

My mediocre February training included:

Bike: 10 times, 8 on the trainer and 2 on a stationary or spin bike, for about 171.5 fake trainer miles in a hair longer than 11 hours. The first couple weeks of the month, this worked out to two, one-hour-ish rides and one, two-hour-ish ride on Saturday, with an easy brick mid-month before the indoor tri, and then easing back into longer rides after I recovered from the bug.
I have been loosely tracking my run progression, but downward isn't the direction I want to see!
Run: 9 times, 1 on the road (race!), 7 on the treadmill, and 1 doing laps around a gym for the indoor race, for about 42.6 miles in almost exactly 7.5 hours. My knee was a bit iffy at the end of January so I started February with an easy 5K and a couple easy runs before the race, but the bug wiped me out for the end of the month. My last run in February was on the 19th. Yuck.

Swim: 4 times, all in the pool, for 4750 yards and 1600 meters in a bit less than 3 hours. I am honestly so happy that I got back in the pool, I don't even care how slow I am or how many drills I have to do to get back in the swing of things.

PT: 3 times for about 1:45. I'm giving myself a bit of a break because of my bug, but this is still a pretty sad number. I haven't been able to get into a PT groove lately and it's going to affect my run and the rest of my training soon if it isn't already.

Weights: Once for about 1:15. Same as PT: Skipping weights is going to affect my run and the rest of my training soon if it isn't already.

Yoga: Once for about 15 minutes. I feel like a broken record, but: Skipping yoga is going to affect my run and the rest of my training soon if it isn't already.

Total: 28 sessions in about 24:44. I mean, considering I was sick for a week, it's not THAT bad?

February wasn't great, being sick sucked, and I'm ready to look ahead to March. Onward.



No comments:

Post a Comment