Sunday, August 4, 2019

July in review: Lucky 13 rides, lucky 13 runs

July wasn't my "best" recent month as far as time spent training and number of workouts, but it still felt good. I was able to get in a few extra workouts with the Fourth of July holiday, and the first 15 days!!! were a nice, long stretch of doing something active every day. After a day off on the 16th I had another 14-day stretch of doing at least one thing every day, taking July 31st off to celebrate a friend.

So, at least I had consistency working in my favor for the month. That consistency helped me log 13 rides, two of them outside; 13 runs, 12 of them outside; a bit of PT; four weights sessions; and one yoga session. Not fantastic, but still a solid month for biking and run/walking, at least.

Nearly half my 33.5-ish hours of training in July were spent in the saddle.
July is looking pretty good for saddle miles.
Bike: I rode 13 times, 11 on the trainer on the road, for a hair less than 16 hours via 188 trainer "miles" and 50 road miles. This was slightly less time in the saddle than June, but one more ride. (Both of my road rides were 25 miles, less than what I did last month.) I tried a few new Trainer Road rides and otherwise had a good time. I'm happy with how my biking this month worked out.


Run/Walk: I felt good building my my run/walks to 4:00/1:00 run/walk by the end of the month, and my hamstring felt fine almost all of the time. There was only one run where it was way too hot for even me to try to run outside and I found a treadmill instead. I also tried to work in a bit more speed on "fast Fridays."
This doesn't count my walk warmups/cooldowns, but it's pretty close.
All told, it worked out to be 13 runs, 12 on the road, for a total of 40.3 miles in a bit longer than 8 hours.

PT: Only 6 sessions for a total of 5 hours. I should have gotten in a bit more.

Weights: 4 times, 2 barre classes and 2 videos, for a total of 4 hours. Not bad, although I would like to work up to twice a week more consistently.

Yoga: Just once for 15 minutes.

Total: 37 sessions in about 33 hours, 22 minutes.

I did do some fun stuff, too, so I can't feel too bad about not PT'ing or yoga'ing more. I hung out with an uncle I haven't seen in years, I barbecued and gossiped with multiple friend groups, I hung out at the pool, I worked in the garden, I properly sent off a coworker on his next adventure. All in all, it was a great month that also happened to have great training.

My August is already off to a good start, and I hope yours is, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment