Monday, October 30, 2017

Week in review Oct. 23-29: Some running, some football watching

A decent week.
Hey, it wasn't a terrible week. I did a decent amount of running and got on the bike and on the yoga mat twice each. This includes taking a full day off for football and another for a trip to the vet, so I'll take it as a victory.

This week marked the first real cold snap and I've been crabby about it all week. Monday I was on the trainer the day after a long run, and Tuesday I grumpily took to the treadmill as it rained outside. I had to work super early Tuesday and had to take my car to the dealer (again) Wednesday, so my schedule was a bit screwed up, but I still managed another trainer ride after I got my car back home.

Thursday one of my mutts was limping again. She had been limping off and on a few months ago, but we thought whatever it was had cleared up. However, she is a total brat, and figured out that when she sits in front of the pantry with her paw raised, she gets extra treats and attention. So was it really an injury or is she just playing us for suckers? I mean, we are suckers, but an X-ray revealed that she has developed arthritis in that paw these past few months. So I did feel bad, but gave her extra treats and belly rubs. I didn't get in a real workout that day so....

I got up super early Friday and got on the treadmill before work. Friday and Saturday both were filled with football (my husband's high school Friday, his university homecoming on Saturday) and I didn't work out at all on Saturday. Sunday I was able to rally and run a solid 8 miles in the cool air. It wasn't THAT bad once I warmed up, but I was wishing my hat was about an inch longer to cover just a bit of my ears.

So all that was a very long way to say:

Run: Three times, twice on the treadmill and once on the road, for 20.5 miles in about 3 hours, 20 minutes. This included hitting 1,000 miles for the year.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 2 hours total.

Yoga: Twice, both self-guided sessions, for about 35 minutes total.

Total: 7 sessions in a bit less than 6 hours.

Nothing exceptional, but a decent week. It works out to almost an hour 6 days, which is nothing to sneeze at. Considering everything that happened, I'll take it.

I hope you're having a great week so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment