Saturday, December 19, 2015

Mid/end-of-week check-in: Not a whole lot going on

Not a lot, but at least it's something every day.
This week was one of those weeks where I had something going on every evening after work. I haven’t done a whole lot in the way of training, but I am still going strong on my “something every day” vow. Yay!

Monday was a haircut (so I can dye it to cover all my grays before family pictures, haha) and a casual date night, but I still did my hip-strengthening exercises. Tuesday was a neighborhood meetup, but I still did my trainer ride afterward. Wednesday I had a personal committee meeting, and although I felt lousy I still did some stretching before bed. Thursday I got on the trainer again and promptly erased all my hard work by going out for a glass of wine and some ice cream. =)

The weekend has gone pretty well so far. Friday I kept with my tradition of hitting the pool in the evening, because I lead a party lifestyle like that. Today was a fully day of a long trainer ride, a weights video, and my plyo moves. I haven't done any plyo in a while because I was afraid it would irritate my IT bands, but it felt OK today. The weights video was ridiculous; I have really let a lot of strength get away from me.

I haven't tried to run since last weekend and I probably will take some more time off as I try to strengthen my hips and glutes back up. But I can sure get on the trainer and into the pool a few times a week.

I'm not putting in incredible hours, but it's something. I'm hoping to build that base back up and maybe preemptively burn off some Christmas cookies, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment