Thursday, December 31, 2015

A 1000-meter time trial and an easy run to wrap up 2015

Sending off 2015
It wasn't a shabby day today, training-wise. I hit the pool for the last swim of 2015, working in a 1000-meter time trial. After a snack, I went for a quick run to see how my IT band was feeling and also to round out the year with an even-ish number.

The pool was pretty full (everyone wanted to get in one last swim for the year, I guess) but I managed. After some drills and easy 200s, I did my 1000 meters in 25:00 flat, as you can see in my Garmin Swim in the picture. I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that again if you paid me!

I didn't do a 1000-meter time trial last December, but I did do one in January in 25:32, a 2:33/100 meter pace. That puts me 3 seconds faster per 100 a month earlier than last season; I'm not at rock bottom, maybe just subsoil bottom. Either way, I'm in a better place to start and the only way to go is up, right?

I went out to run 1.69 miles to round up to an even-ish number for the year. 0.69 would have put me at 1140, but who wants to go out for less than a mile? I felt stiff, sore and slow, but my IT band felt fine. Maybe, just maybe, I can start to run a couple of miles once or twice a week. I'm going to get back into it VERY slowly because not running these past few months has been torture.

The year's not over yet, and right now I'm doing some pre-hab. Maybe I'll do yoga later. Depends on how crazy I want to get ringing in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment