Sunday, June 22, 2014

Week in review 16-22 June -- Finishing strong

 
I’m out of town again, so it was a priority to get in a solid week of training beforehand.

The nice, quiet lake I swim across and back. That's not me in the pic.
I got thunderstormed out of the pool one morning this week, and work situations prevented me from running in the evening. However, I got a solid training day in on Saturday with both a lake swim and my longest bike ride to date, and ran 12 miles before I left town today.

Swim: Three sessions, two in the pool and one OWS, for a total of about 2 and a half hours.

Pretty sure this is a personal distance record.
Bike: Three sessions, twice on the indoor trainer and once on the road, for a total of about 5 and a half hours. The road ride was just longer than 3 hours for a pretty hilly 46.5 miles, which I’m pretty sure is a personal distance record.

Run: Three sessions, all outside, for a total of about 3 and a half hours. I would have liked to get in a few more short runs during the week, especially a speed run, but I’m happy I squeezed in my long run before I headed out of town.

Other: One brisk walk, one round of ankle pre-hab, one weights video, and some stretching for a total of about 2 and a half hours. I would have liked to do more pre-hab, but I can’t complain that I was able to fit in a little bit of everything.

Total: About 14 hours, which isn't quite my best week but a very good week for me.

Here are some pie charts, just because I haven't done it in a while:

My week this week. Not too shabby.


Average 70.3 times for my age group.

I won’t be able to train regularly this week, so it’ll be reduced volume by necessity. But, at least my legs are going to enjoy their time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment