Monday, June 11, 2018

Week in review June 4-10: Two and a half hours is the sweet spot

A nice, even spread among sports.
Adding up the numbers for last week, it was fun to see that of the four disciplines I did any training in, all fell within a 2.25-hour to 2.5-hour time range. And I didn’t even plan it that way.

It was also fun to see that my 9.5 hours of training time was the most I have done in a while. I had to call up my 2017 training document to see that mid-September was the last time I did anything approaching 10 hours. I would have loved to hit 10, but I was stressing big time by the time Sunday evening came around, and didn’t get in any yoga like I had hoped. Not hitting 10 hours came at the expense of going out to eat one night with my husband, and spending another evening in the garden. I KNOW – it doesn’t get wilder than that. Both evenings were well worth it!

It worked out to be:

PT/Rehab: Four times, all solo homework sessions, for about 2.5 hours.

Run/Walk: Three times, twice on the road and once on the treadmill, for about 9.15 miles in about 2:27. I have been doing a 0.75-1 mile warmup walk, 4 run repeats with walking recovery between each, and a 0.5-0.75-mile cooldown.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer (it was raining Saturday), for 20 trainer miles in about 2:18. I went for an hour on Saturday and everything felt fine.

Weights: Twice, one barre class and one round of heavy/body weight moves at home, for about 2:15. I added back lightly-weighted deadlifts, squats, and forward and backward lunges for the first time in months.

Total: 12 sessions in about 9:29.

If I can do all this again next week, I’ll be a happy camper. If I can do all this again and add some yoga, I’ll be even happier. If I can do all this again, get an outside bike ride done, and hit 10 miles running, I’ll be over the moon. Let’s see how far last week’s momentum will take me.



No comments:

Post a Comment