Monday, February 11, 2019

Week in review Feb. 4-10: A nice weekend for a (snow) white wedding

Run, bike, wedding shenanigans.
Hello! I've been MIA because I was at a destination wedding... in Iowa. Yes, really. My husband was a groomsman for his best friend and while I would have much rather he got married in Florida or Jamaica, we bundled up and headed out. And we had a great time.

I did manage workouts Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday before we left town on Thursday. I still had a bunch of errands, cleaning, laundry, bills, etc. to take care of so I kept it to one thing per night so I didn't get too stressed. I did bring my outdoor running clothes just in case, but it was 15 degrees with wind chills in the negative teens on Friday... not great.

HOWEVER, our AirBnB had an amazing fitness center with top-of-the-line treadmills and even a Peloton room. While we were picking up my husband's tux and other last-minute running around on Friday, I popped into Target to get the cheapest pair of capris I could find so I could do a speed treadmill run later that day. I would have LOVED to do a Peloton ride but I just couldn't make it work with all the wedding shenanigans happening.

I was happy to get four workouts in at all:

Run: Twice, both on the treadmill, for 12 miles in about 2:12. This was an easy run after work one day and another speed run of quarter-mile builds on Friday.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 28.5 fake trainer miles in about 2:02. Nothing out of the ordinary here except that my new power targets are HARD. I can hold them but it is challenging.

Total: Four sessions in about 4:14.

We'll call it a cutback week. I'm thrilled I got this much training in at all, considering I was gone for four days. I had a few good workouts and a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment