Wednesday, February 28, 2018

EEP! I forgot to post my review of the week of Feb. 19-25

More biking than PT for the first time in a while.
Like always, I’m running late for everything in my life, including this blog. I’ve had a very busy last week or so, and am preparing to go on vacation Saturday, so you can say my life is a bit hectic right now.

But! Last week was still pretty decent for training. I made it to the pool and did a bunch of trainer riding and rehabbing. I didn’t have a chance to lift weights or do anything else as the week got away from me. But, I got the chance to hang out with family and friends, which is important, too. And fun.

Of note, last week marked the first week since the first week of January that I did more biking than I did rehab/PT work. That’s partly because I am trying to do 112 fake trainer miles (Ironman distance) for February, and partly because I have been slacking on my PT homework. It’s just… so tedious and I have a hard time making myself do it lately, especially because I don’t have a timeline for returning to running yet. I feel like I’m in the PT Groundhog Day repetitive loop vortex.

Anyway, last week I did:

Bike: Three trainer rides for 35 fake trainer miles in about 3:38. This included a “long ride” of about an hour and a half on Saturday.

PT: Four times, once with my therapist and three homework sessions, for about 2:30. WAY slacking this week. I have exercises I am supposed to be doing every day and, ugh.

Swim: Once in the pool for 2000 pull buoy meters in about 55 minutes. I mean, I’m only using my arms, so I’m going to be slow.

Total: Eight sessions in a bit longer than 7 hours. I mean, it’s still an average of an hour a day, so it’s not too terrible???

I probably have to call it for the week as I do last-minute vacation errands after work Thursday and Friday. I hope my summer clothes still fit, because I haven’t had a chance to try anything on, let alone go shopping. Flip flops and loose dresses for the win!



No comments:

Post a Comment