Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Week in review Dec. 25-31: Tidings of cycling and barre

Not great, but I'm getting there.
It wasn’t a bad week, training-wise. I took off Christmas Day and Saturday due to family celebrations, but I still logged six workouts. It helped that I had the week off work and could take my time making coffee, digesting breakfast, and eventually getting on the bike or whatever.

I added up all my workouts for the year Sunday evening and came out at 299, so I did some yoga. It was a good way to end the year, month and week anyway.

By the numbers, it worked out to be:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 3 hours total. Two of those were actual Trainer Road workouts and my knee felt not great, but OK. The second Trainer Road workout felt better so I went with it.

Weights: One barre class for about an hour. I’m able to modify as necessary so I don’t have knee pain.

SWIM: Yes, I made it to the pool! I psyched myself up all week about how great I would feel once I went and it was true, I actually did. I did 2,000 meters in about an hour, but that included a lot of drills to warm up and get a feel for the water again.

Yoga: One 15-minute session to cap off the year a bit looser.

Total: Six sessions in about 5 hours, 17 minutes.

Sadly, I'm back to real life today and will have to get back into the routine of fitting in a workout before or after work. Oh, well. The life of leisure was fun while it lasted.



No comments:

Post a Comment