Friday, August 8, 2014

It would have been so easy to sleep in

I wasn't in a rush to get home last night, so I put in a few extra miles on the running trail. Then I still had to the hit the grocery store. Then I had to make dinner.

Maybe I should have been in a rush to get home after all... Oh well, I had a very nice run and don't regret the extra mileage.

It was after 10 p.m. by the time I made it to bed, which means I was still pretty tired when I woke up before my 5:10 alarm. I thought to myself, "I could just roll over and go back to sleep."

But then I started thinking: My training cycle is almost over. I want to finish strong. I want to finish out the week strong. And I thought about how much better I'd feel after I was done.

So I got up, got to the pool, and got my swim in. And I did feel much better.

16 days left until my big race. No time to fool around.

No comments:

Post a Comment