Thursday, April 24, 2014

The countdown is on


One month til my first triathlon of the year. EEK!

I am not feeling ready, to be honest. I'm not sure what I was thinking signing up for an Olympic distance for my first race of the season. This will be only my second Olympic distance race overall, and the one I did last year was in August, so I had all summer to prepare.

I have yet to get out in the open water, although I think I only got one practice OWS last year. Plus, I've swam in this lake at least four times, so I'm not that worried about the unknown. In fact, I chose the fall version of this race for my first Olympic specifically because the swim (and bike and run, actually) is two laps of the sprint course, which I had already done three times.

I'm starting to get nervous about the bike, since I haven't had a chance to take my tri bike outside once yet this season. The course has some decent hills, and 25 miles is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm not so nervous about the run except for that my speed hasn't been coming around. I've been doing regular runs of at least 6 miles, and have gotten into the double digits recently. I have NOT done any bricks since last season, which I'll need to rectify.

One month to go! Let's see how much training I can squeeze in.

No comments:

Post a Comment